You may discover you have more than one LinkedIn account. If you get a message that says the email address you’re attempting to use is associated with another account, this means that you probably have another LinkedIn account using that email address. This can happen if you use a number of different email addresses.
Note: Merging your connections into another account is only available on desktop at this time. Please sign in to LinkedIn from your desktop to merge your accounts.
To find your other account(s), search for your name on LinkedIn. From your search results:
- The profile with the You icon is the account where you’re currently signed in.
- A profile containing your information that doesn’t have a You icon is a duplicate account.
Click the item below that best describes your situation and follow the instructions to merge your accounts:
- In the account you want to keep, click the Me icon at top of your LinkedIn homepage.
- Select Settings & Privacy from the dropdown.
- Under the Account management section of the Account tab, click Change next to Merging LinkedIn accounts.
- Insert the email address and password for the account you want to close.
- Click Submit.
- Confirm that you are closing the right account and click Continue.
- Enter the password of the account you want to keep to confirm that you want to merge the accounts and click Submit.
- You’ll be sent a confirmation notification to the email address on your primary account.
Important: Self-merge will only transfer the connections and email address of the account you want to close. You can download an archive of the account you want to close. Learn more about accessing your account data and how you can download your duplicate account archive.
The following items won’t be merged:
- Profile content (written and/or media)
- Saved articles
In addition, you’re unable to merge accounts with zero connections, or more than 30k connections. You’ll also lose all InMail credits upon the merge. If applicable, you’ll need to complete the following before the merge:
- Cancel your Premium subscription first.
- Cancel any outstanding job postings or listings.
- Cancel all Advertising Campaigns.